Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Playstation Store Blocks Custom Firmware 5.00 m33 users



As Sony tries to limit us CFW users on their products, here is another move by them to stop us from accessing and buying their downloads on PSN. Greg of psp-hacks tells us the whole story with his experiment and comments:

So I was reading around the Internet that Custom Firmware 5.00 M33 users were just blocked from accessing the PlayStation Store. Since I have two PSPs I thought I’d check this out for myself… I dug up my old PSP-1000 and upgraded it to 5.00 M33-6 (from 3.90 M33). With that I tried accessing the PSN store and likewise on my PSP-2000, which is already running 5.50 GEN-A.

5.00 M33-6: It’s true. You are now prompted with, “A system software update for the PSP system is required. For update methods, refer to the instructions for the PSP system.” And even with spoofing your version using the ol’ version.txt method — you’re still denied access.

5.50 GEN-A: Keep on… You’re still in business.

Silly move on Sony’s part… Why would you ultimately deny money from custom firmware users? I’ve purchased downloads, still do.

Source: psp-hacks

0 comments:

Post a Comment